What is Injection Molding?
Injection molding is a shaping manufacturing technolgy for thermoplastics, thermosets and metal having a low melting point.
This article is about the injection molding of plastics or English also callled plastic. In particular, our article and our services concerns thermoplastics.
With injection molding, plastic material that is supplied as a granulate or powder, melted to a viscous mass and is injected under high pressure into a mold of which the cavity (or cavity) is the form of the desired product. By cooling the plastic material solidifies and one gets the desired product. Injection molding is one of the most widely used design techniques for plastic parts.
custom made injection molding suppliers in china : what are the advantages of inejction molding ?
Advantages of injection molding
In the fabrication industry nowadays, injection molding is one of the most efficient processes utilized in the production of plastic parts not only for motorcycles and car body parts but for examples in toys,, storage and containers as well.
Because of its popularity, it is apparent that injection molding china provides benefits of the cost side of your company. This article will tackle the reasons why injection molding is an advantage.
Injection molding proved to be beneficial in majority of fabrication industry as evidenced by the parts made using the process of injection. Well, since most businessmen had been utilizing the process since after World War II, it is obvious that it bought a lot of advantages for them. SO, the following are benefits that you can get from injection molding and see if it’s works for you and for your business.
- Injection molding facilitates increase in production rates by allowing mass production
- Due to the ability of injection molding process to mass produce parts, it obviously is perfect in manufacturing plastic parts in high volumes thus, you can save on manpower, cost but increase in revenues.
- Injection molding provides tolerance of small complicated parts especally in precision injection molding.
- Since a mold is used in injection molding, small details are possible to mold thus it allows the feature of even complicated and intricate parts of the material. In other words, injection molding facilitates the featuring of the delicate details.
- Combination of materials is possible in injection molding, think of 2 componets molding, overmolding or insert molding.
- If your product requires material not only made of plastic, injection molding can be used irrespective of the raw materials to be used. Aside from that, combination of more than one material is possible through using co-injection molding.
- Post production work is lessened when using plastic injection molding. Parts can be integrated.
- You can save effort and manpower as injection molding requires less finishing and touches after ejection as it typically comes out with the great finish. Therefore, it requires less post production efforts.
- Less wastes of materials
- IN injection molding, scraps of materials are not wasted as it can be recycled and reuse. Every bit of scraps are very precious as it can be reuse in the next cycle hence, money for raw materials is saved. Common materials, such as ABS can be recycled
- Inserts can be used in the product as well as filters.
- In the production of your products, inserts can be used within the mold. IN addition, filters can also be utilized to ensure strength of the product.
- Injection molding can be fully automated.
- Because of full automation, injection molding process reduce the workload of the workers as well as promote safety in the workplace as the process can be completed relying mainly on the machine.
Obviously, businessmen would not invest in items and processes that do not bring good money therefore; injection molding is an asset to a certain company. With the advantages and benefits it provides and how it is managed, it is guaranteed to improve revenues of the company with lesser expense and risk to the workers.
injection molded coloured parts
injection molded parts can be made in translucent , transparent and many colors.
If you wish transparent thermoplastic you can choose for PMMA, PS, PET or ABS,
injection molded parts for the furniture and outdoor industry
we made several molds for parts in the outdoor furniture industry, we assist in the design engineering of these parts to make them extra sturdy as they have to be used in outdoor and extreme weatehr situations
Low volume production
if you require one or 1000 or 10000 parts we are a good partner in small volumes
Each product has a life time and not all parts can be made by millions. We understand that better than others. IF you have trouble with your existing supplier donnot hesitate to contact us