China Mold Maker
The raise of China as a top notch mould making industry country.
Since the beginning of the1990 china rose as manufacturing ( and later as economic power) .
Firstly, plastic injection mold making companies were seen by foreign (mostly form western countries such as USA, Germany) buyers as companies with a bad mold quality output.
But with an overall price less than 50% of the plastic mold making industry in the western world, every buyer wouldn't miss this cost cutting opportunities.
NOW due to the fast growth, competition and influence of western tool designers the overall mold quality got better and better.
Nowadays, China as the the world's most busiest manufacturing power house , with its a enormous core manufacturing system, is serving also serves their own market for injection mold making industry and all the manufacturing industries, such as domestic appliances makers, car , sports, furnitures and disposables that rely heavily on the plastic mold making.
In the past 10 years, every year China plastic injection mold industry has maintained a rapid development speed, during 2003-2013, output growth remained above 15%. With slowing in 2014 and 2015 but still has a growth And for example in the Chinese sales revenue of the die and mould sales develop in 2015 grew with 5% over 2014 and reached approx. $27.3billion
Read here more about the Chinese mold industry and two question asked to mister Wu Bingshu, deputy vice-chairman and secretary general, China Die & Mould Industry Association.
What was the export situation like last year for dies and moulds? What countries are the main export markets for injection moulds and sheetmetal dies? Are there any new markets evolving?
In 2015, China's die and mold export was around $5 billon, up 3.3% over 2014, with plastic mold accounting for 66.6%, stamping mold for sheet metal die 17.96% and the total of the two accounting for 84.56%. The main export target countries and the top ten ranked in the sequence of export volume were the US, Japan, Germany, India, Thailand, Mexico, Vietnam, France and the U.K.,
the main export target countries and territories (the top ten ranked in the sequence of export volume) in 2014 were Hong Kong, China (transit trade), the US, Japan, Germany, India, Thailand, Vietnam, the U.K., Mexico and Spain. The significant change is that France now ranks 9th, and Spain drops out of the top ten.
Is the china mold industry you affected by the "reshoring" trend in countries like the US?
The "return of manufacture industry" is connected but not fully consistent with "return of die & mould manufacture". We are conscious of the phenomena of “return of mould manufacture” occurring in Japan and Korea, and particularly in Japan one part of the mold manufacture industry returns to Japan, the other part transfers to the countries and territories outside of mainland China.
injection mold maker in china